When fighting to achieve a flat belly, knowledge is half the battle. Here is a list of foods to avoid and why.
1. Carbohydrates are stored in your body along with water and are used by your muscles as energy. Unless you indulge in a lot of heavy physical activity, you should limit your intake of carbs and get rid of the extra fluid and let your body burn up the fewer carbs more quickly.
2. Avoid bulky raw foods because they take up much more space in your gastrointestinal tract as cooked foods. Vegetables like carrots should be eaten cooked. Also eat dried and canned fruits in their natural juices in order to get the same nutrition but without bulking up your GI tract.
3. You may be surprised to learn that Okinawa Flat belly tonic when you chew gum, you are also swallowing air which enters your GI tract, gets trapped there and causes your belly to bloat!
4. Salt attracts water, so when you eat more salt, you hold more water, feel more sluggish and look more flabby. Try to avoid salt and processed foods that contain a lot of sodium.
5. Unhealthy fats, specially from fried foods, get digested more slowly and make you feel bloated. The right kind of fats to eat for flat bellies are mono unsaturated fatty acids which are found in olive oil, olives, nuts, seeds and dark chocolate.
6. Spices cause your stomach to release acids which can cause irritation, so avoid seasonings like nutmeg, cloves, chili powder, onions, garlic, vinegar, tomato sauce and black pepper.
7. Sodas and other carbonated drinks are a quick way to fill your stomach with bubbles! Opt for flavored water instead that is not carbonated.
8. Drinks that are high in acids, like coffee, hot cocoa, tea, orange juice and alcohol can irritate your gastrointestinal tract and cause swelling. You should moderate or better, avoid them entirely.
9. Sugar alcohols found in sugar substitutes are often found in products that are marketed as low-carb or low-calorie like candy, energy bars and cookies. However we cannot digest most of these sugars and they end up causing gas, stomach bloating and diarrhea so it is best to stay away from them.